Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Grant M
Radio of choice:
JR 9303 2.4,TACTIC TX660,TX850,
# of RCs: 53

Total Props: 15
Feeling SAD

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Guy's and Gals how is everyone feeling with been stuck in the house?? I am having a hard time with everything no get up and go and with my accident and head injury its been tuff its come down to building planes no interest selling everything off maybe. Who knows with everything that's going in the world. How do others get through your days how do you get that spring back in your step!! Anyone else out there having a hard time right know ??
Thank You
Grant
MAAC #73350
Pennzoil Sponsor
2012 Mitsubishi Outlander 4x4
2011 Dodge Avenger
1994 Silverado 4x4 Truck Mint
Angelica You Have Change My Life,For That Are Love is Forever LOVE !!!!
GMACKAY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-19-2021, 03:55 PM   #2
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 And still use my trusty SD-10.
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 47
Re: Feeling SAD

Keeping busy with building my battery packs , upgrading the brakes to electric on my Reaction . Thoughts are turning to spring and flying so want everything up and ready.
Yes, do miss the Timmies coffee with the regulars , though. It is a drag !
stegl is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:00 PM   #3
floyd
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Floyd S

Total Props: 21

Keep positive and don't think about the bad things in life, focus on all the good things. A healthy mind is a healthy body. Cheers Floyd
floyd is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-19-2021, 04:24 PM   #4
Gizmodude
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Richard L
Radio of choice:
Mikado V Control
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 9

I know from personal experience - the grief of selling everything off is worse than what you are feeling now - been there done that ! Stay strong - keep the faith - things will get better and before you know it we will all be enjoying our hobby more and have a greater than ever appreciation for it and each other than ever before. The time , attention and care we put into what we do and then the enjoyment to experience our hard work puts us all in that ‘Zone’ where all our troubles fall away as we focus on our hobby !
Cheers
Old 02-19-2021, 04:31 PM   #5
HAL9KPCM
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dave Z
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 43

Having had a head injury as well that caused a personality change that pushed me to more of an anti-social side, staying at home hasn't really bothered me at all. Working at home and loving not having to warm up the truck to go to work again again to come home.

The downside to that, being winter, I am a bit more bored on my days off, but I am building a Sig Miniplane when I'm in the mood. Just waiting for spring to go flying again. Also waiting like a kid at Christmas for new toys to arrive, should be here next week.

Speaking from experience, something to keep in mind about the head injury, if your wife, kids, close friends, tell you that they have noticed a personality change, you won't see it, but accept that it's true so that you can learn who the "new you" is which can be pretty complicated, especially when healing of the brain is a very long process. It sounds weird, but I realized that the old me died the day of my accident and the new me took over.

My Heli: Futaba 18MZ 2x(JR GSR260Z Sports FBL, Zenoah G26H, Futaba CGY750 Gyro, Futaba BLS-351 cyclic, BLS-251 tail, Futaba BLS-451 Throttle. Gryphon voltage regulator).
HAL9KPCM is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:33 PM   #6
RAMJET
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX 20 & DX 18 stealth
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 84

Grant you really need to think about what it really takes to make you happy and do it , it's as simple as that . Many have never even given this a second thought but now with corona some no longer have the worlds outside distractions that were used to keep them busy ... Only you know what it takes to make you happy , find out what it is and do it . cheers Friend ..
Old 02-19-2021, 05:34 PM   #7
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 202

Jeez don't sell. Seems like RC is the only good thing we have for pure enjoyment. You don't want to give that up.,

As a person that usually travels a lot for work during the winter months, working from home has been a godsend. When I travel, I am cooped up in a hotel room every night two weeks at a time wasting my life away. Now that I am working from home every day, I love being home with my family and every night I am in the workshop (usually). I am re-discovering how much I love building. And I am getting projects done that have always languished forever on the back-bench.

Sometimes you just need a break, Grant. Take a break and do something different (play guitar?) and then come back to your workbench when you start to miss it

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:43 PM   #8
4stroker
RCC Contributor

I am: Derek
# of RCs: o

Total Props: 2

No problems here.
I can still go to work everyday so I guess I'm lucky in that respect.
On weekends my wife and I keep busy around the house and with hobbies of course and we get outside and go walking when ever we get the chance.
I'm not one to get all depressed about the whole thing.
It is what it is and and an end is in sight.
To me its just been a bit of an inconvenience nothing more.
4stroker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:53 PM   #9
cast-away
RCC Contributor

I am: Warren G
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 5

As Floyd said keep healthy in mind and body Grant. With your injury you probably can't do too much but even getting out for a walk and maybe find a new trail to walk on.

I am fortunate in that we got a new Golden Retriever one year ago before Covid and she has been so great to have around! We got in the habit of going on a trail in York Region near our home twice a week right after work and once on the weekend. It quickly became something that we looked forward to. Now I can't wait for spring and longer days to get back into this routine.

To Max's point don't give up on the pure enjoyment of R/C. Try to look forward to spring and getting out flying again. I just got my first glider delivered last week from ICARE and and taking my time assembling it. I can't wait to give it a try and soar like an eagle especially when I am surrounded by turkeys at work!

In the dead of winter I stripped down and re-finished 3 end tables and 1 coffee table. Certainly not a big project but it kept me busy for a number of weeks.

Think positive and of the good things in life. I look at what happened to you and think that you are so fortunate to come out of it so well! Always look ahead and not back.

Happy Times Ahead Grant!

Regards,

Warren G
cast-away is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-19-2021, 06:31 PM   #10
K-Plane
RCC Apprentice

I am: Kevin S
Radio of choice:
To Be Decided
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0

I've been working on a couple of airplanes I bought at the beginning of winter. Specifically undoing an electric conversion and installing an FA-82 in a Hobbistar 60 (tinkering kind of work, nothing like a new build or anything). I've been trying to learn a bit about electronics (always been a mystery to me), and I've been living RC vicariously through YouTube. Channels like Petrincic Brothers, XJet, Essential RC, Ramy RC, I find quite entertaining and informative. I've also been picking up my guitar again and learning some new music. I'm impatient with the whole situation too but I can at least see that maybe this year is going to be when we see it start to get better so that helps.
K-Plane is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in