230s update issue - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 06-14-2020, 11:57 AM   #1
Devon88#
RCC Apprentice

I am: Devon
Radio of choice:
Spektrum nx6
# of RCs: 11

Total Props: 0
230s update issue

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hi there i tried to update firmwear on my 230s v1 i clicked the v2 update by mistake no it wont bind or let me update im getting discouraged with it any ideas .....?
Gotta fly em all
Devon88# is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-14-2020, 01:09 PM   #2
Keyrigger
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Don I.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum iX-20 and iX-12

Total Props: 46
Re: 230s update issue

There is no difference in the 636 used in the V1 and V2. The difference is in the hardware each one supports. You should disconnect all servos and the ESC from the 636 and open up the Spektrum Programmer app on your computer. Don't try to use the phone app if you used that to update. There is a difference in the cable marked SPMA3065. One version had you plug in a battery to the receiver to power it up once it was hooked up to the computer and the other allowed you to use a check box in the upper right corner to power the cable. In both cases, your 3065 cable must be plugged into the computer first, then plug it into the Bind/Prog port, then you power it up via the battery or check box, which ever applies. Once you have that done, it will give you a box that allows you to use the settings in the unit or in the program. Choose the unit for now.

Next, you will see a list on the left side just underneath the main black bar and there you need to choose Software Update. It will show you the existing firmware on the unit and allow you to choose another version or a more recent version. You will need to update it or change it to V4.36 which is the most up to date version for the 230S V1. Click on "Install Another Version" and carefully from the list, choose "Blade 230s Version 4.36 December 2". 2016. Click "Update" and it should take hold and fix it. This also precludes that you have registered the AR636 with Spektrum. Take care.

Don

PS: Make sure you track or mark each servo lead and where it goes. A picture will help but marking with a Sharpie will cover it well.

Last edited by Keyrigger; 06-14-2020 at 01:23 PM.
Keyrigger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:49 PM   #3
TheSteve
RCC Contributor

I am: Steve D

Total Props: 7

If it won't let you update to the V1 firmware(from the V2 firmware) you can always tell it to program the default airplane firmware - version 2.30, then it will let you update to V1 4.36.
I recommend the Spektrum programmer software vs the Spektrum updater software.

And it is possible to use the V2 firmware however you need to add an aluminum plate to the bottom of the flight controller. See info here:
https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/sho...d.php?t=591301
TheSteve is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:49 AM   #4
Devon88#
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
Spektrum nx6

Wow thank you so much I will give that a try after work so helpful can't thank you enough
Old 06-22-2020, 05:25 PM   #5
Devon88#
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
Spektrum nx6

just did that now fingers crossed ill let you know if i get it to work or not thanks for making it super easy i love this community / forum
Old 06-26-2020, 06:04 AM   #6
Devon88#
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
Spektrum nx6

It worked thank you so much if it assent for the help I got I would have never got it I'm sure of that thank you and the you rccanada the best site ever
Old 06-26-2020, 06:07 AM   #7
Devon88#
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
Spektrum nx6

Now I gotta figure out how to level the swash and all that haven't don't that on the 230 mins came set up pretty good.
-cheers everyone
Old 06-27-2020, 12:46 PM   #8
TheSteve
RCC Contributor

I am: Steve D

Total Props: 7

Nicely done! The 230s is a very nice heli to fly.
TheSteve is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in