Banggood Shipping BangGood or BangBad? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 05-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #1
excelsiuss
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Peter M
Radio of choice:
JR12X
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 6
Banggood Shipping BangGood or BangBad?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just ordered a foamy from Banggood and then read in another thread that one person has been waiting 46 days for delivery.

How is everyone else doing for delivery times from BG

Thanks
excelsiuss is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
SailingTignish
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: David D
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX6
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
Re: Banggood Shipping BangGood or BangBad?

That sounds about right ,They are not quick ,but they are cheap!

I have generally had good after purchase service from them ,however they did rent that proverbial Slow Boat

cheers
SailingTignish is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:37 AM   #3
hooktooth
RCC Apprentice

I am: Howardg
Radio of choice:
DX7s
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 1

I have ordered from them for years. The orders have always come but one has to be patient. They take forever to arrive and since the pandemic even slower!A part I ordered in February just arrived yesterday. cheaper but sloooow.
hooktooth is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #4
Bskik
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 2

Have always found banggod very slow. Once received just an empty envelope. Banggood wouold not believe me, said I needed photos or videos of envelope as received, and of opening it and showing it empty,so if you are receiving things from them be aware of this.
Haven’t bought anything from them recently, but it seems to me that since theUS imposed tariffs on China, the prices and shipping costs have increased very noticeably.

I am personally now boycotting buying from them, and were possible, anything made in China seeing as to how China is shafting Canada and holding Canadians hostage.
Bskik is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #5
michaely
RCC Master Contributor

I am: michael o
Radio of choice:
JRx8103, FrSky Taranis & Horus 10x
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 11

Ditto what others have said - shipping is dirt cheap but slow, typically four or five weeks.

Otherwise, and unlike the unsatisfactory experience of bskik, I found them to be dependable. In the fall I ordered four LiFe batteries at a good price, wondering if LiFe type batteries would be caught up in the high price shipping cost of "lipos"...… in the end, after almost two months and without my making any inquiries, Banggood emailed me and said they were unable fill the order and promptly refunded the money.

Postal service for parcels within Canada during Covid19 is somewhat erratic...… a couple of LiFe batteries from Thunderboltrc in Windsor took 3 weeks while a package of surgical masks from Banggood was delivered in about the same time.

International courier service is fast but expensive.

Someone said if you choose to order from Banggood, Hobbyking, adopt an mindset of order and forget about it..... or order way ahead of when you need it or plan to use it.
michaely is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:27 AM   #6
excelsiuss
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Peter M
Radio of choice:
JR12X
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 6

Thanks for the replies guys. The slow shipping compiled with the email I just got telling me the plane that was IN stock is now OUT of stock tells me to cancel the order(if I could just get threw!) So anyways I had this wad of money burning in my pocket so I decided to spend it at FMSmodel.com Turns out they have Free Shipping on orders over $100 Sweet! Yes I do realize it will probably take over 2 months to get here given the current situation. Can't change that.

Thanks for your input.
excelsiuss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:37 AM   #7
Jon.
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Jon A
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 9
Honestly, I’ve had equivalent, if not better service from Banggood as Amazon.. I’d take Banggood over Amazon any day.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:46 AM   #8
peterel
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: PETERL
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 18

Total Props: 1

That was me and it was ordered from Banggod USA. I now have my money back.
peterel is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:47 AM   #9
tporter416
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum iX12
# of RCs: 11

Total Props: 7

When things work normally, I find it takes up to 3 months to get packages from them. It is almost like a present, oh wow, look what's in my mailbox, did I order this, surprise...
SAB Goblin Kraken, MSH Protos Max V2 700, SAB Goblin 500, SAB Goblin 420, Oxy 2, mCPX BL, nano CP S, F-18, F-16, 3DHS Edge 540, Spitfire Mk IX, Spitfire Mk.IX 1200mm, 540QQ, F-15, F-35, E-Max 250 Quad
tporter416 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in