excelsiuss
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Peter M
Radio of choice:
JR12X
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 56
Re: Pro-RC?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I've found Lorne to be a very honest and helpful person who pointed me in the right direction (30min phone call!!) The price was very fair and included free shipping. To this day it's still my favorite engine.
excelsiuss is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:02 PM   #32
Inroad
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Gregg L
Radio of choice:
Specktrum
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0

If everyone is expecting a large price increase he may be just trying to be a little proactive. If he bought a kit for $500 and retails it for $700, if he planes to restock this kit as soon as he finds out that his cost will be going up he must cover himself or he is gone
Old 06-14-2020, 09:14 PM   #33
Terry Gauvin
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Terry J
Radio of choice:
DX18Stealth
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inroad View Post
If everyone is expecting a large price increase he may be just trying to be a little proactive. If he bought a kit for $500 and retails it for $700, if he planes to restock this kit as soon as he finds out that his cost will be going up he must cover himself or he is gone
No, he increases the price of the new one, or he is gone. I am sure Lorne is a great guy and I know Jason is as well. However, playing with pricing on in stock items will never turn out well.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:04 AM   #34
4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Radiomaster, Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 199

The LIFO method of accounting assumes that you'll sell the most recently purchased inventory first. For instance, suppose you bought 10 ceiling fans a year ago at $30 each. A week ago, you purchased a second lot of 10 ceiling fans, but now the price has gone up to $50 each. By using the LIFO method, you sell your customers the $50 ceiling fans first, which allows you to keep the less expensive units (in terms of your inventory cost) in inventory. Then, when you have to calculate inventory value for tax purposes, LIFO allows you to value your remaining inventory (the $30 fans) at substantially less than the $50 fans, so you pay less in taxes. The advantage of using this accounting method is that the cost of sales in a period will closely match the current period values of your inventory; the drawback is that this method values inventory at old cost levels.
And markup accordingly I understand.

You know I sell the odd rc item.
'If I buy 5 items at $8 ea and sell them at $10 each, I put out $40 and take in $50. Now if those items now cost me $10 ea or $50 I put out the $50 and hope people buy them at $12 and if they do I am ahead $20. whoopee! If they only buy 2 of the new ones in the next year I am down $16 so let me price at a bit better than that please. of course there are those who say but you have $30 in inventory. Yeah but it doesn't do me any good if it never sells(new versions, etc.) ........... Just maybe I should not claim a sale!

Last edited by 4*60; 06-15-2020 at 03:16 AM.
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:41 AM   #35
itizme
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Steve W.
Radio of choice:
notarectum

Total Props: 42

Likely the old price from zero stock to the now price with new stock, big efn deal, move on unless you can assist the costs related to the supply, the dollar, shipping, duties, brokerage........
itizme is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:50 AM   #36
aubej
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jason A.

Total Props: 5

Dunno, I found it odd that the regular retail price would go up exactly 25% right before the big blowout 25% sale. Sometimes when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:59 AM   #37
itizme
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Steve W.
Radio of choice:
notarectum

Total Props: 42

Not saying I dont agree with that statement but a good reporter reports the facts, the editor alters to suit the political agenda. Hence it's not hard to see why people find the original post a political agenda these days. But there are reasons prices are adjusted and there are also data entry errors on top of that. It could be a duck for sure, but the question should be to ask why as opposed to the original post. Just my 2 cents worth
itizme is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:34 AM   #38
Mytmerc83
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Ryan T
Radio of choice:
Radiomaster TX16S
# of RCs: 17

Total Props: 6

I've dealt with Lorne and PRO-RC on several occasion, my second last time was to purchase a plane and motor, Lorne had just received a new shipment of motors and had no issue showing me that his shipping cost on that box of motors had gone up almost 300% meaning he figured motor prices would have to increase about $50 a motor to cover the shipping. But I paid old pricing (without grinding or asking for a deal) as well as he sold the others at the old price too. In my books that a loss a small business can't afford. Fast forward to this sale and this past weekend, I was at the shop and did a bit of shopping, my bill normally would have been in the $200 to $250 range the total was $156. There were great deals to be had. I'm not affiliated with PRO-RC and am a working stiff like everybody else and I will continue to support PRO-RC to keep a local shop open and running.
Mytmerc83 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:29 PM   #39
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61

If I buy material for my business and it sits in stock for 6 months, I still use the current price to cost it out (usually goes up seldom down). I’ve paid for it and stored it on my business line of credit. I paid one of my employees to handle it, and so forth.

I don’t consider that crooked business practice. Prices rise and fall and mainly rise.

Being in business maybe I look at things differently. Small business is a hard go at the best of times. Why crucify the guy for this issue? I don’t get it. Then wonder why people throw their hands up and give up.

If home hardware sells the same thing as Canadian tire for more, I don’t fuss, I just go buy it where I feel more comfortable. I’ve seen things go up then on sale at many retailers. I don’t think it’s uncommon.

Be kind to people. Modellers are some of the nicest people I have met in my life, but some are at the opposite end of things. Geesh.
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:43 PM   #40
-Rick-
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Rick K.
Radio of choice:
Frsky X12S Horus, X20S
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 11

I live in Ontario. I usually buy from a online shop in Ontario. But if that place does not have what I need my next shop I go to is Pro-rc and Lorne. I have never had anything to complain about, his prices are right in line with my favorite shop. And I have always received what I ordered. I will still order from him if the need arises.

Small hobby shops are not having a good time with the covid-19, last thing they need is a bad name for something that could have been a mistake.
MAAC #20880
-Rick- is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in