2mm Carbon fibre rods alternative? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Old 11-24-2021, 11:53 PM   #11
Cougar429
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Gary L

Total Props: 64
Re: 2mm Carbon fibre rods alternative?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Glad you got it sorted. Post pics?

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:25 PM   #12
sgr41
RCC Noob

I am: Sagar
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar429 View Post
Glad you got it sorted. Post pics?
Sure, here are some pictures, that was some great packaging. The plane is almost done. I am having a hard time balancing the CG. No matter what I do it seems tail heavy. Any tips wobe really appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211125_202335_1637889841362.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	1751351   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211125_202324_1637889854508.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	461.2 KB
ID:	1751353  
sgr41 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-26-2021, 04:52 AM   #13
Cougar429
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Gary L

From the first pic only suggestion would be to clean up the front end and move the battery forward. Only concern would be adequate airflow for cooling.

What material is that fuse made of?

Old 11-26-2021, 08:15 AM   #14
sgr41
RCC Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar429 View Post
From the first pic only suggestion would be to clean up the front end and move the battery forward. Only concern would be adequate airflow for cooling.

What material is that fuse made of?
I just stuff everything inside for the photo. I tried moving the battery as far as possible but it still seems tail heavy. It is a 3d printed plane by eclipson, the material is PLA. Maybe I should print a CG balancer.
Old 11-26-2021, 01:08 PM   #15
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 And still use my trusty SD-10. Also use a DX7S for a few bind and fly.
# of RCs: 10

Not sure what you are using or how you are balancing but yes, a good balancer helps.
What are you using for tail servos as some can be like lead and selecting by weight can be important. One of my larger aircraft has 3 in the tail (2 elevator and 1 rudder) and knowing that was critical; I went shopping for the lightest I could get with needed torque. Cost me more but in the end it saved me about 2 plus pounds in nose weight from what other guys were putting in to balance.
As a suggestion if you have to add weight ; I would try to add lead shot around the cowl nose ring to get it as far forward as possible.

This is what I use for balancing and found it to be the best of all my home made balancers over the name years . The marked "ruler" allows you to set the vertical stop tabs at the distance back that you want to balance and there are a ball bearings at the pivot point. Set your vertical stops ; adjust rear counterweights to balance. but the aircraft on the balancer and then you know were to add weight... front or back. Mine was an earlier version without the lower prop balancer added.
https://sigmfg.com/products/sig-pro-balancer

Last edited by stegl; 11-26-2021 at 01:17 PM.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM   #16
sgr41
RCC Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post
Not sure what you are using or how you are balancing but yes, a good balancer helps.
What are you using for tail servos as some can be like lead and selecting by weight can be important. One of my larger aircraft has 3 in the tail (2 elevator and 1 rudder) and knowing that was critical; I went shopping for the lightest I could get with needed torque. Cost me more but in the end it saved me about 2 plus pounds in nose weight from what other guys were putting in to balance.
As a suggestion if you have to add weight ; I would try to add lead shot around the cowl nose ring to get it as far forward as possible.

This is what I use for balancing and found it to be the best of all my home made balancers over the name years . The marked "ruler" allows you to set the vertical stop tabs at the distance back that you want to balance and there are a ball bearings at the pivot point. Set your vertical stops ; adjust rear counterweights to balance. but the aircraft on the balancer and then you know were to add weight... front or back. Mine was an earlier version without the lower prop balancer added.
https://sigmfg.com/products/sig-pro-balancer
Mine has 2 servos in the tail and they are light weight. Idesigned a balancer myself and printed it using my 3d printer. After trying a lot I was able to make the plane stay leveled without falling on either sides. Can you please take a look at the photos and tell me if this looks balanced?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211127_124552_1638035349041.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	1751493  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in