RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 01-03-2021, 02:05 PM   #1
SteveM
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Steve M

Total Props: 1
Pitts Muffler

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am looking to receive the Pitts muffler I purchased

I paid his price including shipping by e-transfer on November 24, 2020 to his wife's bank account as per his directions. He provided a Canada Post tracking number of 0102527001028590 and I check daily, but the tracking stopped on November 26, 2020 and hasn't changed since.

I have contacted Bruce several times to inquire and each time was given the excuse that Canada Post is slow. I have asked for a refund three times. His last PM to me was on December 24, 2020 when he stated "As you know the Post Office has a massive back log of parcels due to the combination of the Christmas rush and the pandemic. I mailed the muffler in a quick and approved manner with a government agency. Your problem is not with me. Your problem is with Canada Post." This is a direct quote and it is clear he has washed his hands of the matter.

Bruce hasn't contacted me since except to leave me negative feedback today as retaliation for the negative I left for him for non-delivery. I must rely on the seller to do the right thing because sending e-transfer payment leaves buyers with no recourse for resolution.

Last edited by SteveM; 01-30-2021 at 11:07 AM.
SteveM is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:23 PM   #2
NEW222
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Chancey C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 11
Re: Pitts Muffler

Well, I have also packages waiting for delivery and have had zero movement since November 24, and 2 on December 6. Two packages are in limbo and just say 'delayed', and one has been sitting locally for over a week. Canada post when I called them is getting approximately 2 1/2 times the regular load. Just be patient and I am sure it will arrive. As well, I am sure we, as individuals, are getting a 'second level' service compared to the big online retaillers.

And if it is any concillation, I also have one en-route from him as well and have no worries. Just gotta be patient with the things are currently going.
NEW222 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:24 PM   #3
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 And still use my trusty SD-10.
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 47

Although your cities are closer together ; I had a similar problem and yes , things are backlogged across the country. I mailed an item by Canada post on Nov 28th and it has arrived at the city of destination about 28th of Dec and shown as out for delivery since Dec 29th. Not sure when you left a negative feedback but the shipping item should have been resolved before any feedback left. Jumping the gun does not benefit anyone . The better procedure would have to have contacted Canada Post as once they have received the item for shipment with provided tracking number you can't blame the seller/shipper for delays as it is out of his hands.
I could be wrong but I believe the shipper may have to file a lost claim but I would leave that for another week or two. Canada post could tell you if there was any insurance declared on the item.
Because of covid the volume of mail processed must be humungous this time of year as people could not or did not travel with their gifts but mailed instead. Then there is mail-order out there to be handled as well.

You have left two negatives for the one item which is against RCC policies. I would recommend deleting the negatives comments or have an administrator remove them until such time as delivery of the item in question is resolved.

Last edited by stegl; 01-03-2021 at 03:31 PM.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-03-2021, 04:18 PM   #4
SteveM
RCC Supreme Contributor

I will gladly edit / remove once I have my purchase and I do not leave negative feedback lightly. I cannot remember when I last did so either here or on any other forum.

Bruce - you have some gaul to leave me negative feedback after I paid you your price.

Last edited by SteveM; 01-03-2021 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:02 AM   #5
itizme
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Steve W.
Radio of choice:
18MZ T8J DX5R DX8

Total Props: 29

I have no connection to bbbair whatsoever but will say these few things in regards to fairness

your purchase is obviously with Canada post ( possession), it is now your issue not his, make a claim with them, if you didn't pay for insurance with your shipping tough luck to you, carp happens.

regarding a negative transaction, I get that it would happen, I also get that it likely could be reversed if bbbair asked admin, I wouldn't ask without an apology so I wouldn't expect him to do such.

I don't understand how you could possibly think it is his issue, for someone that appears to use this forum as a place of business you should be ashamed of yourself, all this for a $20 muffler.

Last edited by itizme; 01-04-2021 at 06:03 AM. Reason: typo
itizme is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:03 AM   #6
raven1978
RCC Contributor

I am: Brad G
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 4

Took me 3-1/3 weeks to get something from ottawa. Chill out, it will get there
Old 01-04-2021, 07:16 AM   #7
SteveM
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itizme View Post
your purchase is obviously with Canada post ( possession), it is now your issue not his, make a claim with them, if you didn't pay for insurance with your shipping tough luck to you, carp happens.
Canada Post will NEVER deal with anyone other than the person who purchased the shipping and who has the receipt. Bruce is the person I have an issue with and the courier he hired dropped the ball and he must find out why. He last told me he would look into things and advise, but that never happened.

Last edited by SteveM; 01-30-2021 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:33 AM   #8
itizme
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Steve W.
Radio of choice:
18MZ T8J DX5R DX8

Total Props: 29

My statement is no more BS than yours, you wanted to take this being a cheap carp arse to a public forum so that enables you to be flamed for your actions.

Think ahead
itizme is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:41 AM   #9
SteveM
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itizme View Post
My statement is no more BS than yours, you wanted to take this being a cheap carp arse to a public forum so that enables you to be flamed for your actions.

Think ahead
So how is this in any way a reflection on me anyway? I have no deal with you and you're name calling, really? You are mistaken, and I do not use this forum as a business. Some other members do, just not me.

I paid Bruce his money and all I have in return after 6 weeks is negative feedback. Why don't you call Canada Post with that tracking number and see how far you get. They will politely tell you that they cannot help and only the shipper can do anything. All your posts on this topic are nonsense and total BS. If anyone should be ashamed, it should be Bruce, aka bbbair. He took my money, gave me a bogus tracking number, ignores my messages, has failed to deliver my purchase, and if that isn't bad enough he left me negative feedback as the final insult.

Last edited by SteveM; 01-04-2021 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:49 AM   #10
SteveM
RCC Supreme Contributor

My only recourse was to open a service ticket with Canada Post myself. The rep I spoke with cannot provide me the buyer with any information or details, but said I could open a service ticket if that made me feel better. Not exactly helpful, but as expected.

Last edited by SteveM; 01-30-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in