excelsiuss
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Peter M
Radio of choice:
JR12X
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 5
The Year is 2022..

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
It is now two years later. 2022 The covid disease has been destroyed and life has somewhat returned to normal, except!

The FAA was successful at shutting down all RC club fields in the USA. How will this affect us in Canada?

Without the buying power from the US, will ARF's from China skyrocket in price here?
Will the price of Lipo's return to $100US for a 3s 2200 pack. Since the lipo's will skyrocket in price, will we return to nitro engines?
One good thing IMO is you will see the return of KITS for sale. These will be much easier to produce than ARF's should they need to be built on Canadian soil. Its now just a push of the button and the laser does all the work. I just can't see any Canadian company being able to produce ARF's and still make a profit without having the price so high that no one would be interested.

Post your thoughts? What else will be affected.
excelsiuss is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:21 AM   #2
CarlC
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Carl C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 7
Re: The Year is 2022..

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelsiuss View Post
It is now two years later. 2022 The covid disease has been destroyed and life has somewhat returned to normal, except!

The FAA was successful at shutting down all RC club fields in the USA. How will this affect us in Canada?

Without the buying power from the US, will ARF's from China skyrocket in price here?
Will the price of Lipo's return to $100US for a 3s 2200 pack. Since the lipo's will skyrocket in price, will we return to nitro engines?
One good thing IMO is you will see the return of KITS for sale. These will be much easier to produce than ARF's should they need to be built on Canadian soil. Its now just a push of the button and the laser does all the work. I just can't see any Canadian company being able to produce ARF's and still make a profit without having the price so high that no one would be interested.

Post your thoughts? What else will be affected.
Arf's can be build here for profit. Whether profit is possible is not the problem. The problem is Domestic companies that pay living wages cannot compete with off shore manufacturers who pay slave wages. The only thing preventing "made in Canada" everthing is Canadian consumers right here at home, who are willing to support countries like china and their subjugated slave work forces. We should all be ashamed. Read the label, buy according to the label and all things will again eventually be made here where people enjoy quality lives. Quality living costs MONEY. Chinese people in China will eventually rise up and undo their situation enforce and join real commerce, leave them to it.

But we have greedy consumers, and greedy manufactures utilized subjugated work forces abroad. Very Shameful.

Everyone reading this can call it "my opinion" if it makes them feel less culpable but it's the hard truth.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:29 AM   #3
Mad_Mike
RCC Contributor

I am: Mike M
Radio of choice:
Taranis Q X7
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 2
Re: The Year is 2022..

Covid-19 will not be destroyed.
I expect there will be an effective vaccine though, and I'm interested in the reaction of the Anti-Vaxers to it.

I think LiPos will get cheaper as battery technology advances.
Mad_Mike is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:56 PM   #4
Phlier
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Phil S
Radio of choice:
DX 9

Total Props: 1
Deleted...

Last edited by Phlier; 03-23-2020 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Change of heart.
Phlier is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:52 PM   #5
Phlier
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Phil S
Radio of choice:
DX 9

Total Props: 1
I changed my post. Change of heart. I didnt check FB or the news all day.

With isolation this hobby will flourish. Building is ushally done solo. Should see lots of new planes at the field this summer. Pilot booths are already set for social distancing. All I guy needs now is to start up a drone delivery service and watch the money flow.
2022 here we come.

Last edited by Phlier; 03-23-2020 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Lighten it up a bit.
Phlier is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in