New modeling organization in U.S. - Page 12 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 02-25-2020, 02:14 PM   #111
fliers1
RCC Contributor

I am: Clarence C
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 14
Re: New modeling organization in U.S.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Goal: Increase Media Exposure
AMA invited Nickelodeon’s hit TV show “Dude Perfect” to fly at AMA’s Richardson Radio Control Flying Club in Princeton, Texas (pictured above). AMA Youth member Rhett Lambert helped arrange the shoot and participated in the episode. The episode debuted May 1, 2019, as 720,000-plus viewers that night were introduced to the joy model aviation on Nickelodeon.
fliers1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:32 PM   #112
cf100
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Ken K.
Radio of choice:
JR & Graupner
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliers1 View Post
Goal: Increase Media Exposure
AMA invited Nickelodeon’s hit TV show “Dude Perfect” to fly at AMA’s Richardson Radio Control Flying Club in Princeton, Texas (pictured above). AMA Youth member Rhett Lambert helped arrange the shoot and participated in the episode. The episode debuted May 1, 2019, as 720,000-plus viewers that night were introduced to the joy model aviation on Nickelodeon.

ain't gonna matter - just ask Kodak, time marches on.

Astronaut Hoot Gibson has been promoting aeromodelling for the past 20 years or so,
http://www.modelaviation.com/hoot2011
membership keeps dropping, the core of aeromodelling had died or is ageing.

Time change - look at the Boy Scouts - numbers drop each year.

Face reality and enjoy the hobby while we can! Don't worry the FAI will save aeromodelling, after all we've given them millions of dollars over the years.
cf100 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-25-2020, 03:15 PM   #113
Propworn
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dennis P
Radio of choice:
hitec
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf100 View Post

face reality and enjoy the hobby while we can! Don't worry the fai will save aeromodelling, after all we've given them millions of dollars over the years.
awk awk awk fai bad awk awk bad bad fai awk!!!!!!!!!! Lol
Propworn is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-25-2020, 04:21 PM   #114
fliers1
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C

Just as long as we don't have to contend with the Pessimist Modeler Society (PMS)
There just might be a way to keep the hobby afloat.
Where there is a will, there's a way. lol
Old 02-27-2020, 10:11 AM   #115
fliers1
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C

This is what everyone should see, especially the government and the public.
https://youtu.be/bVwLRLdUh8E
Old 02-28-2020, 05:39 AM   #116
fliers1
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C

AMA Enrolls 12,000 New Adult Members
AMA completely revised its marketing efforts to include an aggressive digital marketing campaign. The campaign successfully introduced thousands of new members to the AMA and AMA clubs. Approximately 87% of new members are in the adult or senior category.

Dude Perfect more than likely had a hand with marketing campaign.

Last edited by fliers1; 02-28-2020 at 05:45 AM.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:44 PM   #117
Dennis Pedersen
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dennis P
Radio of choice:
NX10SE / Mikado V-Control
# of RCs: Few

Total Props: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo View Post
Dating myself here, but as long as the magazine comes in 'print' form I will continue to page through every issue and read what I find interesting. The day I have to read it on my laptop, it won't happen. Likewise with my favorite Canadian RV magazine,(RV Gazette) looked forward to every issue, they are now digital only and I can't be bothered to even glance at it anymore....but that's just me, to each their own. From an advertiser perspective, that's another issue.
Could not agree more !
Dennis Pedersen is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:41 PM   #118
CarlC
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Carl C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18
# of RCs: Lot

Total Props: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Pedersen View Post
Could not agree more !

Also agreed.

Carl C
MAAC#: 44232-L CM
CarlC is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:27 PM   #119
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 Jeti and Airtronics SD-6
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 136

Yup , did the digital mag on one of the RC mags a few years ago and I bet I may have partially looked at a total of 3 issues with a 2 year subscription. Even though cheaper than a mag it cost me more considering I read less.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:17 AM   #120
Glenn Nigh
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Glenn N
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 9

Yep, Me too I can't wait for each mag. to come to see what the other half of Canada is doing. Thanks for the great magazine Keith. I do go through it end to end several times, in my reading room next to the bath tub.
I also thank MAAC for all the work they have done on my behalf since 1979. For one part, it is great to know if I have an accident that I have some help to save my home and property. I also thank them for speaking up for me so I can fly my airplanes yet.
Today there are so many things that people can do in their spare time that it is not surprising to see numbers drop in most groups. Many people find themselves stuck in work to ' survive' for one thing. For those who might like to try models building , there are so many avenues that it is mine boggling. They need to go out to a model flying field and watch for a season, make friends and get involved. Yes and Mall shows do help and get new members. Having a good model flying field is another most important thing. Some clubs have to drive for miles to the field, young members need a ride. Having 'receptive' members in a club is also very important. Encourage young people to get involved but realize they have a million things they wish they could do. Member meetings and building sessions or learning nights would keep the building side going, a lot of clubs have dropped that side of meeting. I find that buying building products almost as hard to find now as in the 70s and 80s when we had to go to the lumber yard and improvise. Even with that there are few actual building products on the selves there today. The local hobby shops can make better profit selling one gasoline car or boat. The ARFs have taken all the fun of building away so new modelers don't get the building part pleasure of the hobby. The fact that one might trash a newly built model also scares some potential builders, well I've crashed a few and I still love this hobby and recommend it to anyone. I never had money for cigarettes , booze or drugs ( still don't) because I bought balsa wood and lots of glue! I guess that is why I'm over 80 now and trying to pass what I know on to others. Best of luck to all in what ever they choose but I'll keep my MAAC.

Last edited by Glenn Nigh; 02-29-2020 at 09:51 AM.
Glenn Nigh is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in