kip51035
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 18
Field opening, What signal

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Saying the field is open and safe to fly is probably putting your neck in a legal noose. If the guy looking after the field said that the extra lock is removed from the field gate or one of the executive put out an "E" mail saying he is going flying today would be enough for me. What signal are we waiting for, when they open the golf courses, When they open the parks, when they open the exercise trails? I doubt if anyone in the government with authority knows we exist. Our sport is not a sport of close contact. If you are a spectator, bring your own lawn chair for social distancing.

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:33 AM   #2
Propworn
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dennis P
Radio of choice:
hitec
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 264
Re: Field opening, What signal

The municipality told us the feild was closed until further notice I would think they would have to give permission to reopening lt.
Propworn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:39 AM   #3
Kargon
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Karl Goinarov

Total Props: 41

March 28, 2020 9:15 P.M.
Office of the Premier
TORONTO — Today, the Ontario government is taking immediate and decisive action to further stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and well-being of all Ontarians.
Based on the best advice of Ontario's Chief Medical Officer of Health, the Ontario government is issuing a new emergency order under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act to prohibit organized public events and social gatherings of more than five people, effective immediately.

Here is the whole document...

https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2020/...utm_campaign=p

Old 05-05-2020, 08:50 AM   #4
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Thanks Karl. So it's obvious that if it's five people or less, you should be good to go.
of course, it's good to go if you're on private property. If you're on public land, and the town or whomever has told you you are not permitted, then you are out of luck. Until they change their mind.

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:35 AM   #5
CF105
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Kevin Drayson
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: n+1

Total Props: 157

We’ve been allowed to fly for two weeks now (NB). The only signal I’m waiting for is from the weather!
CF105 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:42 AM   #6
Propworn
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
hitec

We are on private land but the municipality will still have say whether we can fly/gather in groups etc. or not.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:47 AM   #7
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bill T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Thanks Karl. So it's obvious that if it's five people or less, you should be good to go.
of course, it's good to go if you're on private property. If you're on public land, and the town or whomever has told you you are not permitted, then you are out of luck. Until they change their mind.
No I do not think so - I think we are confusing two things ie the provision for 5 or less allowed vs the Ontario provincial order that closes public and private recreational areas.

I am not a lawyer but worked in a regulatory environment for more than 30 years. So when in doubt I always go read the actual regulations.

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200104

The way I read this regulation is that all public and private recreation property is still closed - at least until May 6 when either it will be revoked or extended.

Section 2 of the order:

(2) Outdoor recreational amenities that are intended for use by more than one family are closed, regardless of whether they are publicly or privately owned and regardless of whether they are attached to a park system.

(3) No person shall enter or use an outdoor recreational amenity described in subsection (2) except for a maintenance, safety, law enforcement or other similar purpose.

I appreciate that local police may offer their own interpretation and that is great to have a record of the officer etc. Unfortunately misinterpretation of a regulation by a local officer is not legally binding and could still get people in trouble.

I am not putting this forward in judgment of anyone. I am just very careful of news releases as quoted above re 5 or less people being allowed. I always fall back on the regulation to be sure.

If anyone can offer another legal document that contradicts what I said please do so. I am only suggesting that people be careful. I think there are likely many local interpretations that could get people in trouble.

If your local police or bylaw officers say you can fly then go fly. But be aware that others could offer a different interpretation.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:03 AM   #8
Kargon
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Karl Goinarov

Total Props: 41

This is what number 4 of the act says.
(4) For greater certainty, nothing in this Order precludes individuals from walking through or using portions of park and recreational areas that are not otherwise closed and that do not contain an outdoor recreational amenity described in subsection (2).
Old 05-05-2020, 11:30 AM   #9
Propworn
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
hitec

There is no point in arguing people will read into what they want to hear. Chances are the only people they will run into are people of the same point of view. I say let them have at it . If they get away with it good for them if not hopefully only they will suffer the consequences. If they get called on it like a couple of local farmers did letting their kids run loose on ATV's on private property. They will have to deal with the fines court costs and getting the ATV's back as they were towed away. Even if the charges are dismissed and the stuff is returned un damaged and no one gets sick then only they will be able to tell you if it was worth it.

I don't really care. I don't wish anything bad befall you. If things work out badly remember it was your choice so no whining or poor me just pull up your big boy pants and deal with it.

Dennis
Old 05-05-2020, 11:35 AM   #10
again
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: zb

Total Props: 2

Lock This Thread

There are more like it elsewhere.

What a Bunch.

Opinions , Opinions, Rather then call those you fly with ya'll come here and start up another BS session, and show those with the power to make the Decisions, how irrational you really are. This truely bodes well for all doesn't it

Above all get permission, respect others, and there Property, and ask the Land Owner.

who cares about Signals from the rest of the country.

Adults, really !! no wonder many have no where to fly any more.

have a Nice Day
again is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in