OH NO! Another Arrow Model (for me) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Jets Discuss electric jets in Canada.

Old 01-18-2020, 05:44 PM   #1
DarthAnal
RCC Contributor

I am: Bru D
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 1
OH NO! Another Arrow Model (for me)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
For those who've been following John Dutkowski's 1:22 depron Arrow model, I'm the proud owner of the incomplete model.

With the snowstorm today, I've been having an "off day" after having hit Costco and the local drug store for essentials. So I have lots of time to fiddle around when I probably should be doing honey-dos inside the house.

I've been plowing through all of John's threads to glean details of how he's been building his models and where he put the access hatches plus what I'm going to need to pick up in terms of bits and pieces to get it to fly.

I was also rummaging through my plansets, looking for the Arrow drawings that I have tucked away, when I ran across my blown-up copy of one of the older technical drawings of the Arrow, the one that went into the Arrowheads book (yes, "The Arrow") and the Astra vacuum form kit, plus elsewhere.

I looked at drawings and did a quick measurement on the wingspan, and came up with 38 inches, which works out to approximately a 6% Nor 1:15th scale. Numbers ring a bell?

Sure enough, I dug out the old threads by John on the Big Arrow as well as the smaller fibreglass EDF model and the foam pusher/EDF. The smaller EDF and the foam models are just about the same size.

Personal note: when I was over at John's house picking up the depron Arrow, I was also lusting after the smaller EDF copy. Belly-whopper and 90mm fam unit.

Which is what got this thread and another project for this winter. I'm going to experiment with my 2 50mm fan units (seller is powerfun on eBay) and pick up a couple of the half-inch 2x8-foot extruded polystyrene foam sheets.

That is, once I've cleaned up all of the messes in my workshop first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	modelsm6.gif
Views:	54
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	1658983   Click image for larger version

Name:	Arrow_drawing2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	883.3 KB
ID:	1658985  
DarthAnal is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:46 AM   #2
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 183
Re: OH NO! Another Arrow Model (for me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAnal View Post
OH NO! Another Arrow Model (for me)
LOL... I'm not surprised, Bruce...

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:19 PM   #3
DarthAnal
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Yes, Max. This will make #5 for me, all previous ones were pushers of my own design. This one is also my own design, but drawing from John's version and taking some shortcuts like the back end of the model. Something like an average of every four years.

Have to get the plans back from Digital Copy Center at Yonge street in the neighbourhood so I can start drawing up the major components directly from the originals, and scoot over to Reno or Home Depot for 1/2-inch foam.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:57 PM   #4
DarthAnal
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

No real activity on this or any of my other threads while being in work-at-home mode since March 13th. Ten weeks as of today.

I have one of John's Mega motors that he uses to avoid having to reconstruct the tail end and motor mount, no real time in the evenings what with reading, watching and posting on the main hobby forums for me (RCU, RCC, RCG and EMFSO).

Looks like I'll be re-joining RCTimer and putting in a fairly massive order for electronics and motors. Yes, they have dropped the 2212/6 motor so I'll have to find alternatives (DHGate, Aliexpress or Hobby King).

Anyway, everyone, stay frosty!

Tags
edf , foam , designing , avro arrow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in