Fun-Key Jet Ranger 700 Sport - Page 15 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Helicopters Discuss scale helicopters, tips, tricks and scale construction threads

Old 04-18-2021, 11:28 PM   #141
Keyrigger
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Don I.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX-18 and iX-12

Total Props: 10
Re: Fun-Key Jet Ranger 700 Sport

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am now starting to pick up speed on making the details for the exterior and found some interesting ones for the underside. There are open ports on the underside but I have no details on what is in those ports so I made up the covers that I found on a couple of pictures of Jet Rangers taken from the ground. There is some electronic device that was on the green and yellow CH-139 but was not in the same place so I thought it was removed for updated equipment. Lo and behold, on a picture where I went looking for details of the tie down anchors, there was the updated device in front of the front cross tube. It was behind the rear cross tube on the older CH-139. Another item that was bugging me was the funny looking antenna that goes on the doghouse. It looked good but it also looked too small so out with the plastic and I made a larger one that will look much better when I finally install it. Tomorrow, I will get at the rest of the antenna and maybe it's time to get on the wire strike system. In the picture are the three pitot tubes that can be exchanged if damaged or broken off. Take care.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG 234100.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	1725313  
Keyrigger is online now   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:36 PM   #142
Keyrigger
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX-18 and iX-12

Today, I did get a couple of external antennae done but no pictures yet. The rest of the day was spent finishing off some instrument panel details like the vent system, panel vents, and the clipboard just because it has to be there, lol. The vent knob is three pieces including one that is engine turned in my drill and the instrument panel vent rings are two pieces plus the screen. The little square object is the GPS sensor and the vents are opened up to allow air (that doesn't get by the cracks in the fitting) to enter the cockpit like the full size. I may or may not put in the defroster in this model. I guess rather than do a specific thing each day, it seems that I like to see what needs to be done and then go for it. The list is very long including some tail housing blending as yet to be done. Take care.

Don
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG 211217.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1725415   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG 211240.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	1725417   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG 211255.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1725419   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG 211304.jpg
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1725421  

Name:	IMG 211313.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1725423   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG 211335.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1725425  
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #143
Keyrigger
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX-18 and iX-12

While waiting for a TV show to come on last night, I figured that I had enough time to turn out one more part. The step on the side of the Jet Ranger is fairly prominent but the lump on the side of the body is only a reference to what is there. I made it out of .040" sheet plastic and on the side it went. This morning, I decided to tackle the scoops on the engine compartment door and on the left side behind the rear door. I have no idea what is inside there that needs cooling down but you can see a hose upon close inspection of some of the pictures I have. So not having any small plastic balls to choose from (the Vario parts are just awful for this purpose), I asked my wife if she had any makeup containers with round tips on them. Lipstick seemed a logical choice but to no avail. This was also thought out as a secondary method of making them, molding them with a plug. Since no solutions were around the house, I made a plug from plywood and engine turned it in my drill with a Dremel tool and a sanding drum in it. All three worked but two seemed better than the last one.

A bit of cutting, shaping, and then mounting to some sheet styrene, I got these results. The one for the engine compartment does not have a larger ring around it but the one on the left side does. What I did to make the part was to take a sheet of plastic and use a heat gun to soften the small piece until it flopped on the set of spring loaded forceps. When it was as soft as I could get it, I the put the sheet over the hole and pressed the round form to force the plastic into the hole. I didn't have a lot of time and it quickly cooled before I could really push it into the wood but the main thing was that I got enough of a sphere to make the scoop out of. At least I now have the former for the 518 version ready. Take care.

Don
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG 000907.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1725549   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG 095236.jpg
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	1725551   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG 104209.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1725553   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG 104245.jpg
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	1725555  

Name:	IMG 121126.jpg
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	1725557   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG 121216.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	1725559   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG 121330.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	1725561   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG 141104.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1725587  

Name:	IMG 141147.jpg
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1725589  

Last edited by Keyrigger; Yesterday at 01:16 PM.

Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM   #144
Keyrigger
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX-18 and iX-12

I got one more detail looked after. I found a simple way to make the latches that keep the engine compartment closed. When I do the next one, I will add a bit more detail to the latch opening and the latch itself. Now, if I could only make them work...

Don
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG 203832.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1725613  
Old Today, 09:00 AM   #145
Keyrigger
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX-18 and iX-12

Sometimes it takes looking at another build thread to make me notice something that is there but it tends to blend in and be overlooked. Such is this part (anyone got any idea what it is?). Here it is and a shot of the underside where it lives. Take care.

Don
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG 092314.jpg
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	1725623   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG 094017.jpg
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1725625  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in