stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 Jeti and Airtronics SD-6
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 136
Re: Shipping Done Right

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I use Canada Post for shipping and find that in rural areas you can pay upwards of 15-20 % more than in larger centres . Good example I did a shipment to a rural area in Manitoba and exactly the same shipment to Halifax (city) was $3 cheaper . Go figure .
Big volume shippers get the breaks , that’s for sure . Even on Amazon you have to watch the selling price as it can be pretty high to cover the shipping. Not everything comes out of Amazon’s doors as there are many retail businesses selling under the Amazon banner to get the retail shopping connection. Amazon takes a cut on that as well.
Good example of commercial shipping agreements between companies and the carrier is like last fall when I had to ship my Wren over to GB for a rebuild ; I did some research. Canada post was around $220 , DHL was over $300 , FedEx was high 200’s . Ended up Turbine Solutions (rebuilder) charged me the equivalent of about $85 prepaid plus did up all the customs paperwork , supplied me with all the labeling requirements ..... all I had to do was pack it up and take down to the DHL warehouse to drop off. Since they have a commercial account with DHL in Europe I was able to reap the benefits.

Large volumes and commercial accounts with carriers can reap benefits to consumers .
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:28 AM   #12
Propworn
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dennis P
Radio of choice:
hitec
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 264

I always check the difference in price, shipping and speed between Amazon.ca and Amazon.com.

Today I am looking for two boxes of 100 stainless screws. Full filled by Amazon.ca over 35 bucks no free shipping cost all in just over 50 bucks to my door by June 17th.

Amazon.com 10 bucks a box free shipping to US but 8 bucks to Canada. June 12 to my mailbox in US June 16 to my house in Windsor and still 15 bucks cheaper. If the border was open I could save even more and get it faster. The biggest complaint is both Canadian and US are through the same supplier.

I know it may get held up at the border but even so things that are full filled by Amazon.ca but come from the US can be held up for the same time. I have two orders that are in transit for over a month and were supposed to be here in a week.

Can you guess which Amazon I ordered from.
Propworn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:31 AM   #13
HAL9KPCM
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dave Z
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceenut View Post
Like I said shipping of stuff from Amazon warehouse is never a problem. If the item is THROUGH Amazon by a secondary dealer, there can be problems.
The item was listed as shipped from Amazon, not a secondary dealer. During the months of March and April, there were a LOT of items that should have had prime available and it was suddenly gone.

I'm just looking at the item again on Amazon and now that the rush for computer accessories to work from home is over, surprise, prime shipping is now available on it. Also, free shipping is suddenly available on it again if I spend over $35.00. This was not an option previously. If it was, I would have spent the extra $1.34 by getting a USB extension and display port extension for my VR headset. Neither had prime shipping available during those months. Again, a few months later, I ordered them as prime became available on those items.

Love Amazon all you want (I use them all the time too), I wasn't the only one noticing these tactics during these months. They were slamming people for price gouging on toilet paper and sanitizers while pulling in extra bucks and deflecting the profiteering hatred towards other people that were price gouging.

Last edited by HAL9KPCM; 06-06-2020 at 11:44 AM.
HAL9KPCM is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-06-2020, 11:38 AM   #14
peterel
RCC Contributor

I am: PETERL
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 18

Total Props: 2

Banggood USA 84 days and counting. Hobbyking 64 days and counting.
peterel is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:46 AM   #15
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61

I ordered a Kyosho helicopter off of an eBay seller in japan. Was shipped DHL. Came to me in three or 4 days.

I ordered recently two light sabres for my kids, from China. Paid $20 aldo for DHL. Came in a few days as well.
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:59 AM   #16
HAL9KPCM
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dave Z
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterel View Post
Banggood USA 84 days and counting. Hobbyking 64 days and counting.
Hobbyking surprised me this past week. I'm going to build some combat planes and the guys here colour the foam board with coloured, transparent packing tape from Hobbyking. I ordered all 11 rolls they offer on Sunday, arrived from China on Thursday.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:17 AM   #17
FullFlaps
RCC Apprentice

I am: Roger D
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX6
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 3

I ordered a Capacity Checker through Amazon.ca in May. They thought delivery would be sometime in July. I got an email about three days later that it had shipped! I guess it’s on the slow boat...��

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in