Engine For Goldberg Eagle 2 - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 09-02-2019, 07:09 PM   #11
NEW222
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Chancey C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 3
Re: Engine For Goldberg Eagle 2

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thanks for your inext cougar. I have downloaded the manual already, but just may take you up on you offer for the paper copy if I indeed get this plane. Just want to make sure it is an Eagle 2 first. Thank you.
NEW222 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:45 PM   #12
Cougar429
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Gary L

Total Props: 39

Been a while since building the first version 63's, but don't believe there was significant difference in design or construction when they updated to the Eagle II.

One mod I made to my second 63 was to run the balsa webbing between the ribs all the way to the tips. Knew that one would take some extra stress and that added only little weight penalty.

What finally killed it was the unsupported Goldenrod running to the elevator control horn. One high speed dive too many and it would not pull out due to deflection of the inner sleeve beyond the fuse structure. As with anything it was a learning experience so guess the term "Trainer" still applied.

The solution I came up with is still used to this day, including the Waco on the build table. I use rods threaded on one end and cut them to length. Often they fit within the inner plastic control rod and when threaded partially in they reinforce and allow for a link to be added to the end. The negative is careful measurement of length is required as little adjustment allowed. They cannot be seen in the pic, but run fully into the fuse on both elevator and rudder runs. Same inside at the servos.

ps. The control setup on the GP Waco is not stock. Their original setup was to use wire all the way through. Thought it inelegant and sloppy. Took a bit of searching to find the right diameter plastic rods that also fit the wire internally.

Sorry to get off topic a bit there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1614.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	882.8 KB
ID:	1643737   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1613.JPG
Size:	898.7 KB
ID:	1643739   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1615.JPG
Size:	868.0 KB
ID:	1643741  

Last edited by Cougar429; 09-02-2019 at 09:55 PM.
Cougar429 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:15 AM   #13
wurehman
RCC Apprentice

I am: Waqas R
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW222 View Post
Hi all. So I may be receiving an Eagle 2 trainer coming up, and need to choose an engine for it. It calls for a .29 - .40 ci 2-stroke. At my disposal to use are either a Leo .28, or an Enya .35 TV. The LEO is .01 ci smaller than recommended, and the Enya is in the middle. Would anyone here have an opinion either way which would be a better choice for this plane. Or would it be a try and see which is better. And without manuals for each, I do not know what props would be better for either. I am guessing 9 x 6 for the LEO .28, and a 10 x 6 for the Enya? Here's to hoping I can get it soon so I can start training this fall yet on a nitro plane. Thanks.
I have OS .46 in my Eagle 2 and it flies perfect.
wurehman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:32 PM   #14
Trumpet
RCC Contributor

I am: Mark Betuzzi
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX-9
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 11

I just flew one with a 4S lipo and an Eflite Power 32 Brushless motor, it worked out fine.
Trumpet is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:26 PM   #15
Theodan
RCC Noob

I am: Dan T

I've built two eagle 2s. For both I used a .46 sized engine (OS and super tigre). I fly under half throttle most the time with my current Eagle.
Theodan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #16
wurehman
RCC Apprentice

I am: Waqas R
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodan View Post
I've built two eagle 2s. For both I used a .46 sized engine (OS and super tigre). I fly under half throttle most the time with my current Eagle.
Same for me. Half throttle with .46 is what I fly with.
wurehman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in