Fuji 32BT magneto - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Large Engines Discuss Engines Used on Giant Scale Aircraft. Gas/Glow, as long as they're big!

Old 08-07-2020, 02:50 PM   #1
rome
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Romeo R
Radio of choice:
Futaba/Taranis
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 9
Fuji 32BT magneto

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Good day,

old school magneto engine, I Had one good flight from this engine since i got it.

it will start at the beginning of the day, then as soon as it warms up, it dies.

then that's it, it will not start, or at least not after a long rest. It started last Saturday, after 1

1 flight, i cannot get the the throttle past half stick. i tried all kinds of needle adjustment high

and low.

thanks
maac #38176
sport flyer

Last edited by rome; 08-08-2020 at 06:26 AM.
rome is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:24 PM   #2
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 Jeti and Airtronics SD-6

Total Props: 136
Re: Fuji 32BT magneto

When it doesn't run after warmed up ,have you pulled the plug and checked for spark at that point?
Do you run unleaded gas ? Is it fresh ? Many problems with gas motors they can gum up or you may get corrosion with some aluminum alloy carb parts and or degraded gaskets requiring a extensive carb cleaning and rebuilt when running fuel with alcohol in it and the only way around is run it with no alcohol, premium gas.
If it runs when cold but not warmed up , I would think it is a carb issue if you have spark.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:13 PM   #3
rome
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Romeo R
Radio of choice:
Futaba/Taranis

Total Props: 9

i use the highest i could get, 94 octane, and fresh this year

a bit hard to check for spark, with magneto, cause you have to depend on the speed of the

to generate electricity, i will try though, i also know there is spark, cause it will start, but then

it dies. My next move will be to open the carb, and check for blockage. I hope it's not the

ignition coil.

thanks
maac #38176
sport flyer
rome is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-14-2021, 10:54 AM   #4
RClearner
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Alex
Radio of choice:
FrSky

Total Props: 0

I consulted Chris, our Club's in-house engine guru, he has similar experience with one guy's engine. What he did is to close the choke plate again, and flip it till it pops again, as though you are running the engine first time of the day, and you might have to live it the way it is.

Hope this helps,

KH
RClearner is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in