The Boomerang Sprint Club - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Old 10-04-2016, 04:53 AM   #11
canadianice
RCC Master Contributor

I am: jeff t
Radio of choice:
Specktrum DX18
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 12
Re: The Boomerang Sprint Club

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ha Hey Angus I've got you beat. Remember mine going in at Kitchener five or six yeas ago with 10 foot flames coming out the back, cause I forgot to put a wire on the smoke pump line and it feed raw oil into the front of the turbine. That one really hurt

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:11 AM   #12
Angus
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Angus
Radio of choice:
Powerbox Core
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianice View Post
Ha Hey Angus I've got you beat. Remember mine going in at Kitchener five or six yeas ago with 10 foot flames coming out the back, cause I forgot to put a wire on the smoke pump line and it feed raw oil into the front of the turbine. That one really hurt
lol, I remember that, it was a show stopper and crowd pleaser

AM
Angus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:45 AM   #13
DHC8
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Louis Simon
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: OMG

Total Props: 1

Well boys I have joined the Sprint club! I got mine off of Flying Giants, unfortunatly I got screwed with the actual condidtion of the aircraft. It will fly soon, it just was not even close the condition that the seller said it was, nor did it come with "high end" digital servo's as he put it...

Angus, sorry to see the wreckage... I lost my SM F-15 this spring... I know the feeling. With out sounding like a vulture, I would be interested in your gear if you want to sell it. It looks like an electric setup?

The gear on my sprint is completely worn out. I was able to get some of the slop out, but I don't think it will last very long. So I will probably replace it over the winter, or if I happen to stumble on a set. Mine are pnumatic right now, but would like to convert to electric.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B084B095-6787-40D7-AEA9-8124940F29AD_zpstv0r3nv4.jpg
Views:	807
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	1067362  
DHC8 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:45 PM   #14
pylonboy
RCC Contributor

I am: Brent H
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9CHP, Taranis X9D and Horus X12s, Tandem X20S and RM TX16S-Max
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHC8 View Post
Well boys I have joined the Sprint club! I got mine off of Flying Giants, unfortunatly I got screwed with the actual condidtion of the aircraft. It will fly soon, it just was not even close the condition that the seller said it was, nor did it come with "high end" digital servo's as he put it...

Angus, sorry to see the wreckage... I lost my SM F-15 this spring... I know the feeling. With out sounding like a vulture, I would be interested in your gear if you want to sell it. It looks like an electric setup?

The gear on my sprint is completely worn out. I was able to get some of the slop out, but I don't think it will last very long. So I will probably replace it over the winter, or if I happen to stumble on a set. Mine are pnumatic right now, but would like to convert to electric.

Looks like you have the Pro Link gear the way it is tucked under! I replaced all the strut parts last winter on mine and it looks much better. Pro Link are ok, but they do wear quickly. The retract units are better built than the struts. Too bad about the guy not being honest on the sale.

My Sprint has been through 4 owners now, and MANY hundreds of flights. Been crashed (real hard) and rebuilt by TBrum with the Red Bull scheme (that is when I bought it). It has had at least 4 different turbines now, and I currently have an old P70 in it because my P80SE died. Maybe I will put in a new turbine this winter! I really like the JetsMunt 100XBL, or a Rabbit is another good motor for this plane if you want a little extra push! Other than that, the VT80 is a great choice for moderate power.

The Sprint is a great plane for any size field. I still keep mine around even though I am also flying the newer Xcaliber. Both really nice relaxing planes. I get asked if I am going to sell. Maybe if I got a new one.LOL!!
Old 10-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #15
Angus
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Angus
Radio of choice:
Powerbox Core
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHC8 View Post

Hi Louis, I'm going to keep the gear, it's one thing that also survived as it was still retracted and I'm sure I will get another sprint in the near future, thanks for the offer.

Angus
Angus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #16
cicopo
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Larry
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 42

Louis; you & Ken won't be flying together. You both have the same colour scheme.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:46 PM   #17
kpark
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 23

Oh ya I always fly the one on the left!

lol
kpark is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #18
kpark
RCC Senior Contributor

Next Step taking it apart

First off came the Elevator:

Well you can see the Sprint uses a " Plastic servo cover " on the bottom of the elevator
were all the heat from the turbine goes - This is what I found

The servo cover deformed and missing the servo arm cover " not surprised "

Thinking of covering in the bottom hole with ply and the using Alum tape on bottom side of Horizontal stab
Servo will exit on top side by flipping control horn.

Next Pulled off the two booms and inspected Ruder servo's - One servo has issues and will be replaced
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7111.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	912.8 KB
ID:	1067538   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7112.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	756.4 KB
ID:	1067546   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7113.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	866.5 KB
ID:	1067554   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7115.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	697.9 KB
ID:	1067562  

Name:	IMG_7116.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	647.1 KB
ID:	1067570   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7117.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	862.6 KB
ID:	1067586  

Last edited by kpark; 10-04-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #19
kpark
RCC Senior Contributor

I tried to remove the wing center section from the fuse - No go! its been glued together

Removed the Retracts : Spring Air type in bad shape
: Prolink Struts - Trash!!! - One was actually glued to the retract
- The other had been Rotary grinded at the axil for some reason
: Tires/Brakes - Maybe one is useable the other main worn badly

Tires 2.5" Mains and 2.25 for nose wheel. Axils 5mm

Plastic wheel wells for main are yellow - prob from a different colored model version
Might use 1/32 Ply and make new wheel wells
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7118.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	830.7 KB
ID:	1067642  

Last edited by kpark; 10-04-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:27 PM   #20
kpark
RCC Senior Contributor

Need to gain access to the main wing servo wiring as system was set up using
Y-harness for the Ailerons.

This is useless for setting the model up to do "CROW" So to get to the wires removed
the entire fuel system. It basically came out in one piece - Fuel tank, UAT, Fuel pump

This gave me room to locate the Aileron Y-Harness and remove it! This is were I stopped
today - Will need to fish 2 long Aileron servo wire extensions to fix it the way I want it

Must say my model is in good shape considering it 4 years old

Cheers
Ken

Last edited by kpark; 10-04-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in